2.02.2009

Tuck Shop - Phoenix


I usually do my home work when I am heading out of town, I like to eat where the locals eat and find bitchin hole in the wall restaurants that serve great food.  When I found out that I was going to Phoenix, I checked out two things, Frank Lloyd Wrights Taliesin West and the top restaurants in Phoenix.  It was easy to find Taliesin in Scottsdale, but finding a tasty bit wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.


The first night in Phoenix was a bit disappointing, the restaurant that I was stoked about had a hour wait for a seat at the bar, of course I found this out after driving across the city and fighting for a parking spot.  I should have just driven to In-N-Out, but I went back to my hotel and had a disgusting meal.


So luckily, a local turned me on to a great little place called Tuck Shop and I was able to turn my frown upside down!  I was on my way to the airport and in a bit of a hurry, but I found the time to drink a Hendricks with homemade Tonic and eat a "Nosh" plate with Cantaloupe, Salami, Herbed Pistachios and Manchego as well as another tapas plate with Chorizo stuffed Dates topped with melted Gruyere.  These were two of the best plates that I have had in a long time, I was very impressed with this little restaurant and will certainly have a seat at their bar next time I find myself in Phoenix looking for a good meal!


Tuck Shop
2245 North 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85006
602.354.2980
www.tuckinphx.com