2.21.2009

Lucky Strike


When I see Cold Spicy Pork Stomach, Jelly Fish Salad, Cold Pork Ears and Crispy Pig Intestine on the menu, I know that I have gone to the right place.  I heard about this Lucky Strike a few days ago and couldn't wait to go, so when a friend of mine and I were in the outskirts of South East Portland a couple of days ago, we went for it.  Until a few days ago, I hadn't had excellent Sichuan Food in Portland, but after taking a trip out to Lucky Strike, I now have a new "go to" Chinese Restaurant!


Since this was my first time to eat at Lucky Strike, I didn't really know what to get and although the server was very nice, she wasn't much help when deciding on food.  There is a "On The Safer Side" section of the menu that consists of three items, Teriyaki Chicken, Beef and Broccoli and Orange Chicken.  The rest of the menu is pretty damn traditional and we were having a hard time deciding on what to order, so we went with one safe entree and one that just sounded killer.  Orange chicken was the "safe" entree and I can honestly say that it was the best Orange Chicken that I have ever had, but after tasting the other entree, I will say that I wont be ordering anything safe at Lucky Strike again.  The other entree was Pork Belly with Chinese Chives and Fermented Black Beans, and damn man, it was amazing! 


You know it's a great meal when everyone just shuts up and eats, when you don't even realize how in to the food you are until you finally take a break from the food and look up to see others eating and smiling and not talking.  The only sound that my ears could here were Tom & Jerry which was playing on the TV in the dining room, I liked it!  

I wish that there were more Chinese restaurants like this in Portland.

Lucky Strike
12306 SE Powell Blvd.
Portland, OR 97236
503.206.8292