12.15.2008

Roake's


Last time I ate at Roake's, it wasn't a great experience, it certainly wasn't awful, but it left a bit to be desired.  After my first post, quite a few people e-mailed me and weren't happy, people said that I needed to try the Coney Dog, after all, that's what they are known for.  I had kind of forgotten about Roake's, but then a few weeks ago I got a very nice e-mail for the owner of Roake's offering me a gift certificate and wanted to know more about my experience, I explained that my trip to his restaurant was just kind of average, not bad, but not great either and I definitely didn't want a gift certificate!  So I went back and got the Coney Dog and also got the Jr. Roaker, which is what Jim Roake recommended and I was pretty damn pleased with my order.  If you are a fan of real Coney sauce, then you need to swing by Roake's and get exactly what I ordered and throw in some Coney Fries since you are there.  I am now a big fan of Roake's, and look forward to trying some different menu items, I think the first time I ate there was just a off day and we all have those.  


Roake's
18019 SE Mcloughlin Blvd.
Milwaukie, OR 97267
503.654.7075