12.18.2008

Honduras Las Amazonas Cup of Excellence


This is some tasty Honduran Cup of Excellence Coffee that I was lucky enough to help judge in San Pedro Sula, Honduras in May of 2008.  I was one of 20 judges that spent a week cupping and scoring these coffees.  Portland Roasting and my friends at Fratello Coffee in Calgary went in together on this auction and ended up with a very special coffee.  The farm is in Chinacla in the La Paz region which is about 15 miles for the El Salvador border, I wasn't able to get that far south but my next trip to Honduras will certainly take me to farms outside of the Santa Barbara area!  If you are able to get your hands on some of the Cup Of Excellence coffees, you should really buy some, you will pay a bit more for your beans, but its worth it.  If you are able to travel to Honduras, it's a beautiful country full of awesome people and killer coffee!