7.13.2008

Best Baguette


After driving by Best Baguette a few dozen times, I finally decided to stop and I'm glad that I did!  It isn't what I expected at all, it's mostly Asian Sandwiches that are served on a Baguette.  The menu is huge, there are probably 30 sandwiches on the menu, most of which are served on a Baguette, there is everything from Ham and Swiss to Pate and Head Cheese.  I went for the BBQ Pork Baguette, it was really simple and delicious, Chinese BBQ Pork, Mayo, Marinated Carrots and Daikon Radish, Cilantro and Jalapeno.  Everything is really fresh, the bread is baked daily and everything is super cheap, my sandwich was $2.65.


Asian sandwiches are my new favorite thing and the word on the street is there are quite a few of these sandwich shops in town, I think it is required that you be in a sketchy location to serve these sandwiches, we will see!

Best Baguette
8308 SE Powell
Portland, OR 97266
503.788.3098
www.bestbaguettesandwiches.com