5.21.2008

Hotel Copantl in San Pedro Sula, Honduras


I know that Honduras is kind of far from Portland and there certainly aren't any tattoos, I have only seen a couple of tattoos and haven't seen any on the locals.  But for the next few posts, I will be sharing my food experiences that I am having in Honduras.  I am currently in the city of San Pedro Sula and the photo above is from the open air restaurant on the seventh floor of the Hotel Copantl where I am spending my nights.  They brought a grill to the table that was piled high with Chicken, Beef, Pork and Chorizo, it came with a Baked Potato, some nice soup and some interesting salads.  They brought a fondue to the table that consisted of  Refried Beans and a Sour Cream type of Crema.  They also brought some Salsas to the table that were a great addition to the meal, one of them resembled Chimichuri Sauce.  A meal in Honduras wouldn't be complete without Port Royal Beer and  I had many that night, if you ever make it to Honduras, I recommend the Hotel Copantl for some outdoor 7th floor dining .

Hotel Copantl
Residential Los Arcos
Blvd. Del Sur Fte. a Mall Multi Plaza
San Pedro Sula, Cortes Honduras, C.A.