4.03.2008

Izogie's Fine Dining


So I had heard about this place a few times and read about it a few times, but I hadn't actually met anyone that had eaten here, so I had to try it and when I heard that they have Fried Okra on the menu, I was there.  I had heard that there is a line out the door on the weekends, but that wasn't the case when I stopped by for lunch, I was the only one in there.  So, needless to say, the service was excellent, my Sweet Tea was getting topped off every 5 minutes.


Since it was my first meal at Izogie's, I had to go for the Fried Chicken and Fried Okra, shit, if they had Fried Pickles and Fried Frog's Leg's, I would have gotten those too.  The Fried Okra was good, not great, but probably the best that I have had in the Northwest.  The Fried Chicken was really good, don't get me wrong, it wasn't my Grandmas, but it was damn tasty.  I will go back to Izogie's very soon, I hope that there are a few more customers next time so I don't feel so lonely.  It's kind of off the main drag, but it's well worth seeking out.


Izogie's Fine Dining
1301 NE Dekum
Portland, OR
503.289.8195