4.16.2008

Cha Taqueria


So here is the deal with Mexican Food, for me it either has to be High End, bad ass, quality Mexican Cuisine prepared by a talented Chef or I need to buy it out of the back of a Mini Van that has expired plates on it.  I'm not sure which I prefer, I am a big fan of both, lately I have been leaning towards the High End side of things so that's why I ended up on NW 21st in search of a Taco.


So Cha is the better looking sibling of the Cha Cha Cha family and although the food wasn't awesome, it was certainly better than the meal that I had at the Sellwood Triple Cha.  I will go back to The Cha's to give them another chance, but the Best Of Citysearch "Cheap Eats" Award doesn't make me want to run out for some marginal Carnitas.  

I went for a Carnitas Taco and a Carne Asada Taco and they were fine, nothing crazy, but pretty good.  I could tell that everything was fresh and that was a bonus, good quality beef and pork helped things, but I guess the whole experience was just kind of boring.  Maybe if I was drinking, I wouldn't have been so bored, I think that they just need to spice up their food a bit.


If you love Cha Cha Cha and you want a fancy night out or just a solid lunch on NW 21st, go give Cha a try, you might dig it, but if you are looking for a unique dining experience, Cha isn't the answer.

Cha Taqueria
305 NW 21st Ave.
Portland, OR 97209
503.295.4077