3.08.2008

New Delhi


I have tried every Indian Restaurant in Portland, most of them more than once and for the most part, they all suck.  Plainfields was always my favorite Indian Restaurant and then they sold it and it really went to shit, the family has recently bought it back and I need to go back to see if they were able to fix what got broken when they sold it.  I recently heard about New Delhi Indian Restaurant and was excited because I hadn't eaten there yet.  That was a few weeks ago and I have eaten there at least once a week since that first night, it is my new favorite Indian Restaurant in Portland.  When you go, try the Chicken Tikka Masala, Vegetable Pakoras, Vindaloo and Naan, they are all top notch, even the Raita is good!  They have a buffet that rocks, I normally steer clear of sneeze guard lunch, but they do a great job.  I realize that a weird little strip mall on Barbur Blvd. isn't the place that you would expect to find tasty Indian food, but trust me, this place is killer.

New Delhi Indian Restaurant
9111 SW Barbur Blvd.
Portland, OR
503.892.5811