2.11.2008

Tillamook Cheese Factory


I love Cheese!  There are hundreds of different cheeses that I love, but the cheese that I buy the most comes from Tillamook, the Cheddar is sharp, the Swiss is tangy and the Jack is smooth.  Don't get me wrong, Point Reyes, Rogue Creamery, Humboldt Fog and Firefly Farms are always found in my refrigerator, but Tillamook Cheeses have their place.  If Tillamook made Manchego, Sage Derby, Cotswold, Gruyere, Taleggio or Stilton, I would buy it.


The Factory where they make Tillamook Cheese is a must when you pass through this sleepy little town, the folks are nice, the cheese is good and they have a ton of local crap to spend your money on.  They have been Farmer owned for almost 100 years, and I am yet to have a Cheese from this place that didn't Rock.  I am all about buying local and Tillamook is certainly local, if you haven't had Tillamook Cheese, well, you have been living under a rock and you may as well go back under your rock.


Tillamook Cheese 
4175 Highway 101 North
Tillamook, Oregon 97141
503.815.1300