2.25.2008

Rogue Brewery


Rogue brewery in Newport has been making some of the best beers around for 20 years.  Some of my favorites are the Hazelnut Brown, Dead Guy and Mocha Porter, but I must say the best thing that they have if you have the huevos for it is the Old Crustacean Barley Wine, it is amazing!  I haven't had too many beers from Rogue that I didn't like, and I've had most of them.


Now for the bad news.  I was passing through Newport a few weeks ago and decided to stop for lunch at the Newport Brewery, well, that was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made.  They had a Kobe Burger on the menu and although I'm not sold on American Kobe, I decided to go with it.  I not only had a hard time eating this garbage, I didn't even finish it, and after that plate of vomit, a beer and a very small tip, I spent $22.00.  The Rogue brewery  has never been known for it's service and this visit certainly was no different, but I couldn't believe how awful the food was, and to be honest, I was really pissed.  

Good Beer + Bad Food = Rogue Brewery

Rogue Brewery
2320 OSU Drive
Newport, OR 97365
541.867.3660