2.17.2008

Michael's Italian Beef




Michael's Italian Beef is at that crazy intersection where Burnside, Sandy and 12 all collide, the first time I tried going there, I got frustrated because I didn't know how to get to the parking lot, but once you can master that intersection, you are good to go.  Michael's is one of my favorite places for lunch, it's in Inner Southeast and they have parking, so that's not an issue like downtown, the staff is really nice and the food is killer.

So the first thing I ever had from here was the Italian Beef Sandwich and if you have ever had one, you know what it is, and if you haven't, well you need to go to Michael's and have the real deal.  A Italian Beef sandwich is some tasty wet Top Round Steak, Peppers, and Onions on Italian Bread, some places will dip the whole thing back into the Jus, but luckily Michael's doesn't do that, it's a bit too wet!  The Sausage sandwich here is my favorite thing on the menu, they make their own sausage, throw some Peppers and Onions on Italian Bread and that's it.  The Meatballs are great and they use them to make their version of a Burger and it too is delicious.  I am fairly certain that everything on the menu at Michael's is great, I just haven't had time to try everything yet.

Michael's Italian Beef & Sausage Co.
1111 SE Sandy at Burnside,
Portland, OR 97214
503.230.1899
www.michaelsitalianbeef.com