2.02.2008

Helvetia Tavern


So when I walk into Helvetia Tavern I know that my experience is going to be a solid one, this place is kind of sketchy, it's way the hell out on the west side of Hillsboro and that "drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry" song is playing.  As I was walking in, I was hoping this wasn't one of those Cash Only places, cause to be honest, I'm not real hip with that program.  Well it is a Cash Only place and like all Cash Only places there is a ATM in the corner.  So I have heard enough about this place and after reading about it on Portland Hamburgers site,  I decided that it was time to make the trip, so needless to say, I was going for the Double Jumbo Burger, and that is exactly what it was!



Helvetia (pronounced Hell-Vee-Sha) Tavern is now on my Top 5 Portland Burger List, this place Rocks!  Next time I will know a bit better what to expect and I will take cash, it is a destination restaurant and I didn't even notice if they have anything other than Burgers and Fries and to be honest, I don't care.  If you are a Burger Freak like I am, Helvetia Tavern is a must, oh yea, and the fries kick ass too, hand cut and almost perfect.

Helvetia Tavern
10275 NW Helvetia Road
Hillsboro, OR 97124
503.647.5286