2.10.2008

Bread & Ink Cafe

Ten years ago Bread and Ink was my favorite breakfast spot, I used to go at least once a week and told everyone I knew to do the same.  Well, I don't find myself at Bread and Ink very often these days.  The food is still good, the service is good, but the main reason I don't make it over to Hawthorne for breakfast anymore is one reason, the Coffee!  They have been using the same coffee for probably 20 years and it Sucks, I thought that maybe it was just me and the people in my circle, but when I checked out City Search, the first two reviews I saw were not positive and they both mentioned the Crappy Coffee.

When I do hit up Bread and Ink it's always for breakfast and I always get the Biscuits and Gravy,  they aren't your every day B & G, they are packed with Herbs and Black Pepper and have Italian Sausage instead of your normal Breakfast Sausage.  My Wife and Son both love the Pancakes with the Blueberry Compote, and the Huevos Rancheros are pretty OK too.  

I'm certainly not saying to pass by Bread and Ink next time you are looking for a decent breakfast, all I'm saying is walk down to Cup & Saucer and get a cup of coffee before you head into Bread and Ink.

Bread & Ink Cafe
3610 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, OR 97214
503.239.4756