12.24.2007

Voodoo Doughnuts


I went to Voodoo Doughnuts for the first time about six months ago and swore that I would never go back, the doughnuts are fine but the service was so horrible that I was actually insulted.  The girl behind the counter literally threw my doughnut on the counter and then my change on and next to it, so I chose to not go back.  Well, this week I was heading to Old Town Music and happened to park next to Voodoo, so I decided to give it another chance and to my surprise, the girl that waited on me was super nice and very happy, the doughnut was awesome and I was stoked when I left.  A Maple Bacon Doughnut isn't anything cutting edge, but it's damn tasty, I was making Maple Bacon Bread Pudding 10 years ago and I know that I wasn't the first one to make it.  Voodoo Doughnuts is doing some cool and unique stuff and I think its pretty cool that they are willing to try some crazy flavors and funky toppings and for that I give them a thumbs up.  So, if you find yourself downtown and you need a delicious doughnut, go try the Maple Bacon, the Cock & Balls or the Captain Crunch, you wont be disappointed.