12.20.2007

My Homemade Burger


So I have been looking for the best Burger in Portland for quite some time now and I have finally found it.  There are so many great Burgers in this town that it's hard to narrow it down to just one, but after I describe this one, you will understand.  It started with a fresh homemade Challah bun, warm and fresh out of the oven, Caramelized Onions, Shredded Lettuce, Tomato, Ketchup, Mayo, Pan Seared Ground Beef and Rogue Creamery Smoked Blue Cheese.


So this burger came out of my kitchen, as did the Challah.  The buns are the same ones that I made every morning when I had my restaurant so it's not that big of a deal, the Bread is such a huge part of the Burger, if you cant make your own, search it out and find a bakery that makes their own.  As for the Beef, Painted Hills Natural Ground Beef is the way to go!  If you haven't had any of the Rogue Creamery Cheeses, you must try the Smokey Blue, it is just like it sounds, delicious.  


So there it is, I'm saying it, the search is over, the best burger in Portland has come out of my kitchen, the folks over at the Portland Hamburgers Blog have shown me a few places that I haven't tried yet, so I'm not saying game over quite yet, if you know of a bitchin burger, point me in the right direction.