12.13.2007

Kenny & Zuke's Delicatessen


Since leaving the east coast 13 years ago, I haven't been able to find a good bagel.  I'm not going to say that Kenny & Zuke's has New York bagels, but I can certainly say that they have the best in Portland.  There are only 2 decent bagels in town and they are very different from each other, Kettleman's are good, but I really think that K & Z's nails it.  If you like Pastrami, you have got to try this place, damn man, the Pastrami here rules, breakfast is great and the service is solid.


They are certainly going for the New York type of place and they are doing a really good job, I look forward to going back and trying some other things on the menu.  If you are craving a Knish, they are awesome here, the best I have had in Portland.  You might have to drive around the block a dozen times, but once you land a parking spot and get some Pastrami in your belly, you will be as stoked as I am that Kenny & Zuke's opened it's doors.


Kenny & Zukes Delicatessan
1038 SW Stark St.
Portland, OR 97205
503.222.DELI
www.kennyandzukes.com