12.16.2007

Blueplate


Ah yes, Blueplate!  I had heard about this place for quite some time before I finally made my way down there, and I must say that it was not at all what I expected.  I now know of 3 cool restaurants that have electric kitchens, Blueplate, Little Red Bike and Nu Cafe, all of which are rockin out better food than a lot of restaurants in town.  The menu at Blueplate is small but they have some pretty bitchin specials every day, and they have quite the drink menu.  I went with a couple of Sliders and some Mashed Potatoes, they were great, next time I am in the mood for Sliders and a Malt, I will certainly head back downtown.  The place is pretty small, so go early and if its busy, don't expect to get out quickly, but in my opinion, it's worth it!

Blueplate
308 SW Washington St.
Portland, OR 97204
503.295.2583
www.eatatblueplate.com