11.01.2007

Frito Pie



A few weeks ago I made my bitchin Chili, and if you have ever made Chili, you know that it is always better a couple of days after you make it. As I make my Chili, the only thing that I am thinking about, is how awesome the Frito Pie is going to be the next day, thats not to say that I always wait until the next day. I am proud to be from the South and my Southern roots certainly come out in my cooking, and I am the first to say that we cook some strange stuff in the south, but that is also one of the few things that I miss about the south. I have heard it called quite a few different names, but if you arent familiar with Frito Pie, its pretty simple. In a bowl, throw in a hand full of Fritos, ladle in a cup or two of your favorite chili, top that with Cheddar Cheese, Onions and Sour Cream and there you have it. Quite a few places serve it in a small bag of Fritos and you just eat it out of the bag, genius!