10.31.2007

Ken's Artisan Bakery



Portland certainly has plenty of Bakeries to choose from, they are all different and have specific specialties. Kens is one of my favorites, I really dig the Ciabatta, it makes a killer sandwich, its great with a little butter and it makes great croutons when you cant finish the giant round that costs all of $3.50. You must try one of their Tarts, they are some of the best I have had, my favorite is the Valrhona Chocolate, damn its good.



The reason I cross the river and fight the tourists for parking near Ken's is for one thing and one thing only, the Canneles! This delicious specialty from Bordeaux has a almost burnt outside with a kind of bread custard center that has notes of Vanilla and Citrus. If done right, it is one of my favorite sweets, if done wrong, it might ruin your Cannele experience forever. Go to Ken's, get some Canneles and some Ciabatta, dont worry about the tourists, they fuel the economy.

Ken's Artisan Bakery & Cafe
338 NW 21st Ave
Portland, OR 97209
503.248.2202